~~This Time It's Different by Evans Blue~~

Language Barriers?

Thursday, September 13, 2012

~~Winter Day: A Story of Death Told In Free Verse~~

It's cold, but
There's the sun
Shining high
Glimmering
A yellow
Gem
In a white
World
I'm cold
I can't feel my
Toes
Not any more
Every finger
Is turning
Blue
Blue like the sky
I stare
Over my shoulder
To the tiny mound
Of snow--my
Failed attempt
At a shelter
The shelter
That now housed
My little girl
Already gone
From this world
I sighed
And stared high
At the daylight
Sky, thinking slowly
"Why did I decide
To chase her
Into this world
Of ice?"
I remembered all too well
The furious fight
The screams
The final straw
Her small body
Running from the transport
Into the distant
Cold
As she screamed,
"I hate you!"
Then the formless
Icy landscape
The nothingness
That would become
My tomb
I sighed
And joined her
My only love
In her tomb
Of snow
And ice.

1 comment:

azrael said...

~Just wanted to put this somewhere I knew you would see it~
Some times life isn't in ease
some people are hard to please
I only wonder who I am
To my mental doors a battering ram
as I learn more, it's what not who
Not what can I be, what can I do
I live ne'er for myself, but to serve
Give the help I cannot deserve
I have learned to love; to feel again,
and I realize now, with a grin
All the power I have had
I had no right to be sad
I love you all, my family
In peace and rest may you ever be~