~~This Time It's Different by Evans Blue~~

Language Barriers?

Wednesday, September 19, 2012

~~Addio, My Soul~~

For Adam.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
So it's time to say goodbye
Goodbye, my soul
I'll miss you til the day I die
I will never again be whole

I leave you behind in my ashes
To rot upon the soil
My life goes by in flashes
I recall my terrible toil

My work to get so far
To be by your side
Where I could shine like a star
And never need to hide

But then I remember the fall
Someone's arms open for me
I run to them at their call
And they take my agony

But you are still shining bright
Your light doesn't fade
He puts on me the glasses of night
So your light is put in shade

I don't see you as good
He's blinded me to that
I try and do what I should
But my heart is going flat

I can't love you any more
And you scream your heart to me
He drags me from your door
Leaving you in your agony

I need you still
But I can't go back
I live with him in a house on a hill
While you dwell in your earth-floored shack

My amazing light, don't ever fade
Draw to you someone better
Someone who won't be blinded by shade
If you offer her shelter

I love you so much
Don't forget that, my soul
I won't live without your touch
I will never again be whole....

No comments: