~~This Time It's Different by Evans Blue~~

Language Barriers?

Saturday, November 12, 2011

What I Have Done

While you cry, so far away from me

I play at being happy, sipping coffee

And hanging out with friends

While your life ends

While you cry, I act like nothing's changed

Like my life hasn't rearranged

As you weep so far from me

There is no part of me

That can feel pain

And all the regret in on the wane

While you cry yourself to sleep

I do not weep

While you wonder if it was all a lie

I sit  and wait for you to die

While you beg and wish for me

My unbroken heart beats in a soul that is empty

Empty of every feeling

And I watch the stars, kneeling

Wondering what I can do

To make this end faster for you

While you cry, I stop my act

While you cry, I break my pact

And let my emptiness show in a true smile

The first one I've shown in a while

While you cry, I do not feel grief

I know that my time has come to leave

But I know you'd welcome me back

Once I have resumed my act.



No comments: