~~This Time It's Different by Evans Blue~~

Language Barriers?

Wednesday, May 16, 2012

~~Tomorrow~~

So, the night has come again--
Does it matter now
The things we did back then?
It's still with us somehow

I'm not doing too good
Can barely see straight
I feel like Red Riding Hood
Caught with the wolf's red hate

I can't control my actions
And it hurts to breathe
I'm shook to my very foundations
By all the things I did leave

You're not doing well either
You can't even look at me
We try to talk about the weather
But we can't speak for the agony

The things we'd done
The things we'd seen
The battles we'd won
And the people we'd been

Soldiers, come back from the war
Writers, returned from the black page
Swimmers, climbing back on shore
Love potions, infused with sage

Power, lost and won
Victories, both false and true
Never again wanting to see the sun
For it will mean the end of me and you

On the dawn, I fly away
From you, going back home
You had tried to keep me, a stray
But you know I was meant to be alone

We stare into each other's eyes
Remembering the past
Remembering the dreadful cries
The final and last

Tomorrow, I leave you to your fate
As I go to pursue mine
I can't believe your desires I could sate
The chemicals we did combine

I can't remember a better lover
I can't remember a worse day
You wouldn't give me one without the other
So I'll let you have your way

And vanish like the morning mist
Heading far off, out of sight
And leaving upon those sweet lips I had kissed
The tune and flavour of the night

No comments: