~~This Time It's Different by Evans Blue~~

Language Barriers?

Monday, May 14, 2012

~~Confessions~~

I'm standing here, so afraid
Will you still love me
If I speak?
Will you still hold me close
If I show you the thorns
Hidden beneath
The folds of the petals?
Will you still need me
If I show you my own addictions?
But I know I have no choice
But to speak
If we are to be real
If we are to exist
If I am to truly let you in
I have no choice
But to speak
Will you pull me in?
Pull me close?
Let me drown
In your kiss?
Will you please
Please, please marry me?
I can't imagine
A life without you
I can't imagine
Making it alone
Will you promise me to stay
If I show you every scar?
I'll offer you my world
If you'll have me
So will you have me?
I can't speak
And you look at me
You smile, nod
And I let the words fall
As the petals drift apart
To reveal the thorns
And the diseased stem

No comments: