~~This Time It's Different by Evans Blue~~

Language Barriers?

Wednesday, May 23, 2012

~~Forgotten Angel~~



 Hey, you are so beautiful
Why do you remain so lost?
The wind that blows, it blows so cold
I know you need to find the sun, no matter the cost

But you won’t let me cut the chains
You won’t let me take you down
Soon you’ll be nothing but remains
That drift piece by piece to the ground….

Forgotten angel, why were you left behind?
The look within your eyes
Speaks of someone very good and kind
Someone free from the lies

You try and smile, seeing me
I wave to you, looking pleadingly
At the wounds, so bloody
Inflicted by the knives that dig so cruelly

“Why are you here, beautiful one?”
I ask, almost afraid to know why
“Were you trapped here by someone?”
She closes her eyes, and lets out a sigh

“I chose this fate for myself, stranger.
“So my child could fly free.
“A devil had sought to endanger
“The lives of my family and me.

“To earn their freedom and lives
“I was enchained and trapped here
“Pinned to this fate by dozens of knives
“So they would have nothing to fear.”

I stare at her, so beautiful, and say brokenly
“Can I take your place?”
She laughs, and shoos me
Then, the light in her eyes fades, without a trace.

No comments: