~~This Time It's Different by Evans Blue~~

Language Barriers?

Tuesday, May 15, 2012

~~An Ode To Dreamland~~

My lover and I lie posed
Side by side, beneath the trees
Watching as the sky is enclosed
By a downpour of leaves

Your hand encases mine, so big
I slip closer, my head on your chest
I clutch in my hand a single broken twig
Part of a tree that had given in to rest

I smile, soft and trembling, encased
In warmth, love, and light
All the demons that had chased
After me are banished this lovely night

I look up, and say, so softly
"Can you believe this all began
"With a note left by me
"Beside a sleeping man?"

"No, I can't. It brought me you."
I grin quietly, and curl close
You sigh, and say, "Do you
"Regret not wearing your clothes?"

I roll my eyes, and give you a whack
"It's cold out here, but...You're warm, so
"I don't mind anything but Lord the bugs attack
"My poor skin so!'

You laugh, tender affection, and pull me in tight
I can't move, encased in your arms
This moment is what brought me to you tonight
Safe from all the scars and other harms

But the dream is false, it only leads
To another night of pain and shame
The heart within me that grieves
Can scarce take this again

Can I survive another false love?
Can I live without knowing my own soul?
I keep screaming to the gods above:
"Come on, come on, make me WHOLE!"

Can I take this chance, and drop
Completely in love with you?
Knowing that I won't be able to stop
Working because I chose you?

Can I remain with you, even though
You might grow infuriating?
Can you help me learn to let go
Of a life's scarring?

Please, someone show
These untrained eyes of mine
That of him I can't let go
Because I've done it right this time

Please, someone tell me
If this was all a mistake
And all the coming agony
Is more than I can take...?

No comments: