~~This Time It's Different by Evans Blue~~

Language Barriers?

Saturday, October 15, 2011

The One Left Behind

Lying here in my bed all alone, the hoodie I nestle my head in smells of you. I sob and sigh, clutching it to me. Will I ever smell you again? Will I ever trace my hand across your cheek, kiss you? Will I ever sob and sigh, feeling you so close to me? Will you ever come back?

No....There's no life after death.

Tears fall from my cheeks, and the pain inside me floods my veins, poisoning me. Destroying me. Dying inside me. I'm going to die here.....Die here without you.

Why'd you die?

Why did you take your life?

Why?

You seemed so happy! Everything was going right for you, at long last. Your life was good. You had me! You had me....

Now you're gone, and I'm left wondering why you left me. Was I not good enough to keep you here? Was I not enough?

I remember the note you wrote.....

Annie....Don't be afraid. Don't be sad. I'll be happier there. 
I love you, but goodbye. 
Goodbye.

I remember reading it a million times, uncomprehending, not understanding, not accepting. Why? Nick, why did you go? Why?

I remember all the little jokes you played, all the sweet gifts, all the things we did. Why didn't you stay? Didn't you ever truly care about me?

Was I not enough?

After you said goodbye.....

I will follow you........

NOTE--Yes I know this story kinda sucks....I'm sorry, I was just trying to get some feelings out. I'll go back to writing horror--I just had this one on my mind for a while.


No comments: