~~This Time It's Different by Evans Blue~~

Language Barriers?

Sunday, August 26, 2012

~~Your Eyes Find Ice~~


Don't touch me
Don't even attempt it
Don't pull me to you
I can't take it

No....Don't kiss me
I'm not worth your love
I try to fight you
But you ignore my shove

You look into my eyes
And smile as you examine me
I glare back at you
Trying to ignore the bit of agony

You inflict with the love
So apparent in your eyes
The caring burning like fire
Setting fire to my lies

I know you see into my eyes
I know you see my soul
I know you see the emptiness
I know you see the hole

I know you feel my heart
I know you feel its stillness
I know you feel my angry eyes' stare
I know you feel how undeserving I am of kindness

But you hold me
Clutch me to you, like I'm the one thing left
You weep and sob into my neck
And I cry, too, bereft

Bereft of my walls at last
Shattered and left exposed
You tremble and I tremble too
Feeling the love you had transposed

Exchanged in place of the emptiness
The thrice-accursed cold
You make me feel alive
The first one I could ever hold....

No comments: