~~This Time It's Different by Evans Blue~~

Language Barriers?

Friday, August 31, 2012

~~Broken Saints: Speech and Thoughts~~

So my loves, I have just come back from my best friend Sun-Jung's house. And...Today I have something planned for you. A treat from a Broken Saint's fan--and mild spoiler...The best speech from the end of Broken Saints, painstakingly retyped here.

But that's not all...

I'll also post my thoughts on it.

And....And I'm also planning to write the Belief System of the Figments.

They're not a religion. But they are what I believe in, even though....I can't truly explain all of it, explain the world...I will show you what I can see from the eyes of my Figments. What Raphael has told me. What he has done for me...Even though mortal minds can't comprehend all of it...I will tell what I can, described as I can describe it.

But for now...Broken Saints it is.

"Not my call to make. I'm tossing in its wake. Got just enough left for one last mistake." --General Briggs.

"I told you mom...God is mad." --Toshii

"With ears to hear and eyes to see, there is no rest. This is the burden of the witness. Weep and believe it. Kneel and accept it. Stand and proclaim it." --Face on the screen

The following speech is from the following conversation in the hallway of static and screens, from the man that waits there.

In the beginning, there was a perfect darkness. A clear void of infinite mind, housing all that is, was and will be.But one thought slipped from the faceless empty: I want to exist.

--SIGN READS: WE ARE THE ALPHA--

The thought was made word. The word was made light. The light had purpose. The light punched and clawed at the dark. Endless platoons of subatomic soldiers waged the first wars of the third dimension. Order was the prize. Nothingness, a willing casualty. Heat, light, gravity. The mechanics of this endless exchange gave birth to the first true symbol.

--A clock appears on the wall of screens, black and white, the hands spinning in circles.--

Time. All true symbols are children of the first. All true symbols are the great will manifest. All true symbols are maps of the soul.

--SIGN READS: THE SEALS ARE BROKEN.--

The limitless of the great will is reflected in each speck of its being. Man is sentient, man is a crystallized symbol born of the first. We contain the whole spectrum of original truth.

--Brief Conversation, not going to transcribe it here. Raimi says, "Great, you're god, I'm god....Can't wait to turn water into wine." What a good line, that. Speech continues.--

--SIGN READS: THE END IS NIGH--

If man is a prism for the universe, we must also accept that its current state is also flawed. The boundaries of a temporal realm as corrupted its children. In their fear, they have forgotten the dream of the Parent. In their fear, they seek dominion over earth and each other. And in their fear...

--Screens change to show symbols of religions--crosses, stars, and the like.--

...They have created false symbols.

--Screens change to show country's flags.Sign changes to read: I'LL SCOPE ARES.--

The illusion of separation through creed and nationality--their flesh. The trench of ideology and science--their bones. Their wasteland of economic and social disparity--their brains. And evil deeds...?

--Screens shows nuclear explosion, the pyramid and eye symbol of the dollar bill. Repeats this sequence as following lines are said.--

Evil deeds are their blood. These are their ultimate symbol. The fiery totems of Alpha and Omega, the ultimate sigil of enslavement.

--Screens shows a man standing in front of a tank that slowly rolls towards him.--

And though good men have stood to face this plague of tyranny....Though brave souls have raised their fists to tear at corners of the great lie...They have each of them, in their own way, fallen. The engines of fear have consumed us.

--Images of men who have stood up and tried to fight back appear on the screen--Gandhi, and Martin Luther King are the only ones I recognized. Sign reads: CLOSE AS PERIL. The screens on left show an oil derrick/pump jack ((what they use to get out oil)) and a grinning, seemingly laughing skull.--

We are bibbed and wailing at the trough of commodity. Blind and deaf to the chorus of suffering. In this, a man cannot hope to shake the symbols alone. So alliances must be made.

--Plot spoilers abound. Skipping forward.--

The key is communication. Our very words and deeds and landscapes transmit our truths. It lives in our myths, our beliefs, and our forms of artistic expression. 

--SIGN READS: KNOW THE SIGNS--

But they have been taken from us, chopped into screaming black staccatos. The world is sick because its symbols are sick--and the purest of us are its victims.

This is as much as I am showing you right now. I don't want to expose the plot line any more....And I'm pretty sure I'm violating quite a few copyrights....Okay thousands of copyrights...Well....

THIS IS AN HONEST TRIBUTE, CREATORS OF BROKEN SAINTS! AN HONEST TRIBUTE!

Please don't take this as bad, okay guys? Please? I love you--please????

And the best of it is....

IF YOU HAD THE FAITH, WHAT WOULD YOU DO?

IF YOU HAD THE MEANS, WHAT WOULD YOU DO?

IF YOU HAD THE WILL, WHAT WOULD YOU DO?

What would you do, if you could change the world?

Would you uproot the system? Annihilate everything and begin again?

Would you take a chance and show love to the world, even though it might not change a thing?

What would you do to change it?

Would you do nothing?

Or would you try, even though it could end up destroying you?

The system is wrong. People are wrong. We have overlooked the meaning. The meaning is peacefulness. Knowledge. Love. Happiness. Strength. It's not pain. It's not sorrow. It's not war. And it's not destruction. We can get better if we work together. This world....We can save it if all of us work together.

But only if we want to....

I would try.

I would try to change the system....At the cost of my life.

No comments: