~~This Time It's Different by Evans Blue~~

Language Barriers?

Sunday, November 18, 2012

~~Redeem Me~~

Give me back my halo
Put the shine in it back in
It's gotten tarnished
How did that happen?

Give me back my wings
Make the feathers soft again
When was the last time I flew?
I can't remember when....

Give me back my smile
I miss when it was real
It seems so new to me
To truly feel

Give me back my innocence
The toys and the faith
Not the games
You had replaced it with

Give me back my reality
Instead of this half crazed dream
That seems more like a nightmare
Separated from the world by a seam

Give me back my honor
And and take away my shame
You hurt me so much
By playing the game

Give me back my tears
All the things I'd cried for you
Hating myself when I realized
It was never true

All of you, give it back to me
Give back the pieces you stole
The shards of my heart, parts of me
Please just make me whole!

No comments: