~~This Time It's Different by Evans Blue~~

Language Barriers?

Sunday, December 4, 2011

A Story in Sonnets: Wolf and Black Rabbit

~~Part One:A Single Dance~~
He had stolen my heart
He'd stolen far more than a kiss
But when you came, I knew it was time to start
Finding the end for this
I barely knew you
But I knew I had to believe
That you knew what to do
And I would not have cause to grieve
You, so sweet and kind, ask for a single dance
I look at you with wonder
In this wild and crazy meeting of circumstance
Would falling for you be a blunder?
But you told me you'd fallen already, so there was no harm
If I fell for you as I danced in your arms


~~Part Two: A Wolf Protector~~
You get him to go
I couldn't have done that alone
And now I'm beginning to know
You're the greatest guy I've ever known
I suddenly reason I have fallen hard for you
Faster than I've ever fallen before
You tell me that you will be true
And never let them break down my door
All you ask is for me to keep the promises I make
And be as careful as I can
My world slowly begins to shake
This love was never part of the plan
You fell for me so swift, so soon
You love me like the Wolf loves the moon


~~Part Three: Disloyalty and Distance~~
I knew it was wrong
I never intended to
But I just wasn't strong
I really needed you
You were so far away
And there was too much hurting me
Today was my darkest day
You weren't here to relieve my agony
So I gave to Kenny a single kiss
Unthinkingly before I slapped him away
With a single mistake I ruined this
I had to tell you the next day
You told me you needed time to think
So into the blue I did sink


~~Part Four: The Waiting Game~~
Perhaps refusing to hope
Perhaps knowing it was already over
I know I won't be able to cope
If we are no longer together
I wait so long for you
Hating every single moment
There's nothing I can do
My heart and soul lies dead and dormant
Memories of us, even though they are so few
They dance like butterflies within my mind
I thought I was meant to be with you
I thought that you were the one I've been trying to find
And, god, perhaps you were him
The thought of that makes my world so dim


~~Part Five: The Choice You Made~~
You return to me
Read the messages I had left
Your glaring eyes cause me such agony
Of your love I know I am so bereft
But...Then you ask if I forgive you
You give me a single kiss
It's fine, my love, there's nothing anyone could do
None of us could have foreseen this
I don't mind that you weren't here
You're here now
Even without you by my side I know I shouldn't fear
You're always here somehow
So I curl up close by your side
Knowing there is nothing to hide

~~Part Six: A Single Ring~~
I wear upon my finger a single green band
A mark of who I am to you
My friends don't understand
The way I feel so strongly for you
And one day perhaps you'll give me a new ring
One with a diamond shining bright
On that day you will truly become the owner of everything
My world, my heart, body, and soul go to you, my light
I know that this at last is true
We shall never end
I will never abandon you
You, my love and best friend
So I ask this of you tonight:
Will you stay with me far beyond the dawn's golden light?


Wolf....My perfect Wolf. Marry me one day......? There are so many years to come, and I am still so young, but...I know this so strongly: I want to spend every last one of those years with you. I may have never met you and I still do not know your face, but 'tis you that I love. And you that I will love until the end of days.






No comments: