~~This Time It's Different by Evans Blue~~

Language Barriers?

Tuesday, April 10, 2012

~~Real Life Love: A Love Poem~~


I’ve never felt this way...
Entirely dependent
Requiring, needing
Unable to smile
To stay strong
Or even to simply get out of bed
Without a memory of you to strengthen me
A fight for the future
A deep-set need
For your touch
Your eyes
Your smile
Your lips
Your arms, wrapped around me
Your smell and warmth
Your comforting laughter
Your silly grin
Your everything....
YOU’RE everything.
I need you
And I keep wondering
Who I’m going to need to be
To be able to keep you
Because after everything I’ve done....
How far I’ve travelled
How many hearts I’ve broken
How many times I’d ran
A hundred miles an hour
In the wrong direction
Could I have finally found you?
Someone who is perfect for me?
Everything I want
And everything I need?
Do you need me?
Will you one day tire of me?
Or can I surrender all my fears?
Unlearn the lessons that
A thousand
Shattered
Hearts
Have taught me
I learned to second guess
To regret
To pick apart
To forget the good
To focus on the bad
To play the game
Spin the tales
Lie with a golden tongue
Do everything I could
To keep from letting
People into my inner sanctuary
My final defense:
A wall, around me
Unbreakable
Unseen
Untouched
Carved of diamond
Dotted with dragons
I lived within
Alive yet not
And so many tried to get to me
Until you...
You broke in
And I....
I welcomed you.

No comments: