~~This Time It's Different by Evans Blue~~

Language Barriers?

Wednesday, March 21, 2012

~~Words Within~~

Words, words, words pouring out
Setting me free, in the night, throughout
Shadows black, encasing me
Lights white, blinding me
Standing tall on weak legs
Hanging up my damp coat on ageing pegs
Standing still at the window, sipping
At the coffee that had poured dripping
From the machine's spout, black, black and bitter
In this life, I refuse to be a quitter
I will stand and I will fall
In the night, to the black raven's call
The whispering of an eager slave
As she drowns under agony's red wave
The harsh ringing laugh of the Master
As he fans Hell's flames, faster and faster
The flapping of an angel's wings
The harsh warning bell that rings
The tempter of sin
The shadow within
And then his bright-eyed twin
His soothing voice drowns out the din
The din that is found in the words within
Among the brilliant words, underneath my skin.....

No comments: